Short and Sweet
We all may be guilty of forgetting to pick up a birthday card and write a message for someone special in our lives. If you only have time for a short message but can’t decide what to say, you don’t have to worry any longer. We’ve compiled a grand list of short birthday messages that are sure to get your point across without leaving the recipient feeling like you rushed your words. Sometimes it only takes a few words to get our meanings across. Take a look at the masterlist below of short birthday wishes and pick the perfect one for the birthday celebrator in your life.
How to Create the Perfect Card - Examples
If the person celebrating their birthday in your life is a child, one of the following wishes will be perfect for them.
- Happy birthday to the coolest kid I know.
- Three cheers for the birthday boy/girl!
- Happy birthday kiddo, I hope it’s a good one!
- Happy birthday and well wishes to another year of fun!
- Happy birthday, kiddo!
- Happiest of birthdays to the best of kids!
- Happy birthday to the best son/daughter I could ever ask for!
- Special birthday wishes for a really special kid!
- Today is your cake day, so make sure to grab the biggest slice!
- Another year older: happy birthday, big boy/girl!
For Friends or Family
One of these short, simple, sweet message will be perfect for the friend or family member celebrating their birthday.
- May this day always be as wonderful as you: happy birthday!
- Best of wishes for another year full of good times!
- Happy birthday: may all your dreams come true.
- Wishing you a birthday full of love and happiness.
- May today be filled with plenty of cake and presents.
- Happy birthday to someone who deserves the happiest of days!
- Wishing you another year of growth and success!
- I hope your birthday is even half as wonderful as you are!
- Wishing this next year brings you happiness!
- Happy birthday and best of wishes!
These birthday wishes will work well for a coworker or colleague who is celebrating their special day.
- It’s a pleasure to work with the birthday man/woman!
- Happy birthday to someone who makes coming to work worth it!
- Happy birthday to the world’s best coworker.
- It’s an honor to work with you and be able to wish you happy birthday.
- Wishing you a wonderful birthday from the whole team!
- Our staff wouldn’t be the same without you! Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday, may you continue to succeed in your career.
- Warm wishes from everyone from the team on your birthday.
- On behalf of everyone in the office, happy birthday!
- Happy birthday! I admire all the hard work you do!
If you want your short birthday message to still bring a smile or laugh to the reader, choose one of these wishes.
- Uh oh, now you’ve done it! Another year older!
- The older you get, the better you get! (Unless you’re a piece of fruit)
- Is this the birthday you start lying about your age?
- May you grow so old you forget how old you’ve ended up!
- Ooh, it smells like birthday cake! Save a slice for me!
- You are the coolest person I know… but I don’t know many people! Regardless, happy birthday!
- Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer, so here’s to wishing for many more!
- Happy birthday to the new grey hairs on your head!
- Happy birthday: being old is worth celebrating!
- Today is the oldest you’ve ever been, so let’s party!
For the Faithful
If the person celebrating a birthday in your life is religious or spiritual, one of these short birthday wishes will be perfect for them.
- May God bless you on your birthday.
- We were all blessed the day you were born.
- Wishing you everything blessing on your birthday.
- I thank God for bringing you into this world, happy birthday!
- What a wonderful birthday to celebrate such a wonderful soul.
- On this day, we celebrate how blessed we all are to know you.
- May God’s love shine down on you this birthday and throughout this next year!
- Happy birthday! “Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift” (2 Corinthians 9:15)
- Happy birthday in faith, many blessings to you!
- May God bless this birthday and each and every day for you.
The general nature of these wishes make them perfect for anyone celebrating a birthday in your life, regardless of your relationship with them.
- Best wishes on your birthday and many more to come.
- Wishing you the best of all birthday.
- Happiest of birthday wishes to you!
- Happy birthday to such a fantastic person: you!
- Happy birthday, don’t forget to blow out the candles!
- Congratulations on surviving another year.
- Your birthday is here, so have a good cheer, best of wishes on another year!
- Congrats on another year spent here on Earth.
- Happy birthday, spoil yourself rotten!
- Here’s hoping your birthday is everything you could dream of.
- Happy anniversary of the day you were born!
- I hope you have a birthday half as wonderful as you are!
- Sending happy birthday wishes and a hug!
- I hope you have an awesome birthday, birthday boy/girl!
- Lots of well wishes for you birthday.
- Here’s hoping you get tons of birthday gifts!
- May your birthday bring plenty of fun.
- Happy birthday to a person whose wonderful inside and out!
- A great big happy birthday to you!
- There’s no need to keep calm: it’s your birthday! Time to celebrate.
Did this list of short birthday wishes inspire you? We hope you realize you don’t need to write a novel to write a wonderful birthday message, you just have to write something. Even a small amount of time and effort can lead to a birthday wish that could mean the world to its recipient. And if you do think these messages may be a short too short, you can always combine a few of them! Happy birthday to whoever in your life is celebrating.