Coworkers are the people that we spend several hours per day with, for most of the days of the week. We get to know our coworkers as real people, not just faces in the office. They often become our good friends, not just our business associates. When one of your co-workers has a birthday, wish them well with a thoughtful message, like one of the many great examples listed below.
How to Create the Perfect Card - Examples
Happy Birthday Wishes for Your Coworker
A birthday is a happy celebration, so make your coworker feel appreciated on his or her special day with a joyful wish:
- Happy birthday to you, coworker! I hope you have a fantastic day and a very prosperous year to come.
- Wishing a very happy birthday to you! It’s a pleasure to work with you and I hope you have a wonderful day.
- Have a very happy birthday! I’m glad to be your coworker and to continue to get to know you. Wishing you a wonderful celebration!
- Happy, happy birthday to you! Thank you for being such a fantastic coworker. Here’s to you, and to an amazing year ahead!
- I’m glad to wish a very happy birthday to my wonderful coworker! Working with you has been a great experience so far, and I’m sure there is much success to come in your future. Enjoy the celebrations today!
- Happy birthday to my fantastic coworker and dear friend! May today bring you nothing but smiles and happiness.
- Wishing you a fun and happy birthday, coworker! Time to blow out the candles and have a big slice of cake, you’ve earned it!
- A birthday should be a day of joy and celebration. So, put down the work and go have a big slice of cake! Happy birthday, coworker, I’m so happy to work with you.
Funny Birthday Wishes for Your Coworker
We could all use a good laugh, especially in the workplace! Make your coworker chuckle with one of these funny birthday wishes:
- Happy birthday, coworker! Make sure you take a break from work and have a slice of cake today–your birthday only comes once a day, after all.
- Have a fantastic birthday! For today, you get to trade work for a party–if that doesn’t make up for turning another year older, I don’t know what does.
- Happy birthday to you, my friend! The store-bought cake in the breakroom is all yours. Enjoy!
- Today’s your birthday, so you can ease up on the work a bit and have a celebratory drink (or three)! Have an awesome day!
- I’d trade work for a birthday party any day. Today, the birthday is yours! Enjoy the celebrations and have an amazing year to come!
- Happy birthday to my awesome coworker! Time to put the work down and go have a drink–you deserve it! This day only comes once a year, so take advantage.
- Hey coworker, happy birthday! I know it will be hard to focus and get work done today, but remember that you have a deadline tomorrow.
- Wishing an awesome birthday to my coworker! I can never seem to focus on my work when you’re around–our conversations are just too interesting. Enjoy your celebration today!
Birthday Wishes for a Coworker and Friend
If you’re lucky, some of your coworkers are also your good friends. Mark your friendship with a meaningful message on your coworker’s birthday, like one these:
- I’m glad to consider you not only a coworker, but also a close friend. Wishing you a very happy birthday, cheers to you!
- To my friend and my coworker: Have a wonderful birthday! You make it much more enjoyable to get through the workday. Here’s to another great year to come!
- Happy birthday! I’m lucky to call you both a coworker and a friend. Have a fantastic celebration today, and an even better year to come!
- Wishing a very happy birthday to my coworker and friend! May you have a terrific birthday celebration, as well as an exceptional year to come.
- Happy birthday, my friend! I’m so happy to work with great people like you. I hope you have a fantastic day, make sure you have a big slice of cake!
- Over the years of working together, we’ve developed a great friendship. Wishing you a very happy birthday, here’s to you!
- Sending good thoughts and birthday wishes to you today, my friend! It’s a wonderful thing to have a friend like you as a coworker. Enjoy the birthday celebrations!
- Happy, happy birthday to a wonderful person that I’m grateful to have not only as a coworker, but also as a dear friend. You deserve to have an amazing day and an enormous slice of cake, so enjoy today!
Birthday Wishes for a Female Coworker
The next time a woman in the office has a birthday, give her a lovely message to mark the occasion.
- Wishing you a very happy birthday! Enjoy some sweet birthday cake and a fantastic year ahead.
- Wishing a happy birthday to a hardworking, intelligent woman that we’re lucky to have working in this office. Take a break from your work to have a wonderful celebration, you deserve it!
- Happy birthday! You are a great asset to this company and we’re very happy to have you. Have an exceptional year ahead!
- Have a very happy birthday! We’re all wishing you a fantastic celebration today and an excellent year to come.
- I’m happy to wish you a lovely birthday today! It’s an absolute pleasure to work with you. Have a fantastic day!
- Sending you good thoughts and happiness today on your birthday! Go have some fun, you’ve certainly earned it.
- Happy birthday, coworker! You bring wit, kindness, and a smile to this company, and we value you very much. Enjoy the celebrations today, you deserve to have some fun!
Coworkers aren’t always just the people you work with. At work, you may develop cherished friendships that last a lifetime. The next time a coworker of yours has a birthday, make sure to let them know that you’re thinking of them with a wonderful birthday message!