What to Write In a Going Away Card
People come and go in our lives. Friends and relatives move away to different parts of the world to go to school, pursue their careers, or to just switch up the scenery. Gifts and cards are appropriate to give during a situation like this. While buying a gift may be the easy part, knowing what to say in the card, poses itself to be an issue all on its own. What can you write to a friend or a family member who is leaving/ moving away, without sounding bland or without being forgetful?
How to Create the Perfect Card - Examples
Below is a small list of ideas of what you can say to someone you know who is moving away. They are easy to follow and work in various different situations.
Rather it is a son, daughter, sibling, grandparents, or friend that is leaving one way or another, a card with a friendly message inside of it can make them feel a lot better about their decision to leave. It doesn’t have to be anything complicated. Just something short and sweet will do. Making it memorable is your job, as you tailor the card to the specific person and situation. Note that these just examples/templates that you can use to personalize a going away card for someone that you care about.
- (A child leaving for college) Look how far you’ve come. It seems like yesterday that your mother and I were holding you in our arms and rocking you to sleep, and now you’re off to college. We’ll miss you terribly, but we are so proud of you for pursuing your goals. Know that you will always have a home here.
- (A friend moving to a different state/country) We wish you the best on your big adventure. Know that you are loved and will be missed. Come back and visit often. It doesn’t matter how far you go, there will always be a special place for you, here in my heart.
- (A child moving to a different state/country) Though you are going so far away, know that you’re home will always be with us. We love you so much and wish that we could hold on tight to you forever. Spread your wings and fly, wherever they take you may you find peace, love, serenity, and a place to settle. We’ll miss you, Mom and Dad
- (Leaving a job) It’s been great working with you and getting to know you. As you embark upon your new endeavor, know that your hard work, focus, and dedication will pay off. I can’t wait to see how far your ambition takes you, and I wish you all the best.
- (A sibling moving to a different state/country) I’m going to miss you when you leave. You were the best brother/sister, a sibling could ask for. Please, don’t forget about me and come home and visit often.
I hope that these short examples gave you some sort inspiration of what to write in a going away card.